Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Developer Playbook
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

Animating / Sliding Tab

I've been working on my project based on actionBar.js sample. But then I notice that the tabs content are loaded on single HTML file which then switched by javascript (by setting css display).

My question is, how do I get an animated tab effect like in Android? And maybe how to do animation with BBUI.js?

(I've been looking for a way to achieve this, but I only found a JQuery solution on the web, and I see no animation class on BBUI.)

So is there a way to achieve this?

The only animation reference found in the BBUI documentation is only the page load animation. Maybe I missed something.

Contributor
My Device: Developer Playbook
My Carrier: 3

Re: Animating / Sliding Tab

[ Edited ]

OK, I managed to solve this myself. Just in case somebody else wondering how to do it.

I used HTML5 and CSS3 animation. (no JQuery, no other JS framework)

The technique I use:

1. Define the animation in a CSS class

2. Append the animation class (from no.1) using javascript (onclick event for example)

Simple as that. I guess searching both step on Google to get the exact code wouldn't be too hard.

It worked perfectly (and smooth too) in Ripple, but I don't know how it perform on actual device since I don't have one. Not sure about the BB10 emulator ... haven't tried it either ...