Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Any popup crashes BB10 app

The Environment: Ripple 0.9.1.0 running in Chrome 23.0.1271.101 on Mac OS X 10.7.5.

The device is a BB10 Dev Alpha running 10.0.9.1675. The SDK is BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.2.9

The issue: Any time I do a Javascript alert() or confirm() the app completely freezes. Once I dismiss the  dialog box, I can no longer click on anything. The only thing I can do is swipe up on my device and close the app. Here is what is really strange: I wanted to debug this so I compiled the app with the 'Enable Web Inspector' flag checked. When I launch the app on the device a popup appears that gives me the IP address and port number where I can view the debug tools. Problem is after I dismiss this popup the app is also completely frozen. I can not do anything, except for close the app.

Has anyone seen this before? Perhaps I am missing something from my config.xml?

Regards,

Alon

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Any popup crashes BB10 app

Never mind. I realized after posting that I didnt have the latest SDK. I downloaded and recompiled the app with the latest (Gold) SDK and everything is fine now.

I would delete the post but this may come in handy for anyone else who may make the same mistake.

Alon