Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: telkomsel
Accepted Solution

Anybody know that "Why can not play sound Mp3 using html5 in BB Simulator Playbook and Smartphone?

Dear developer, 

I really nead your help, until now I can not play sound mp3 after I developed application but in android its fine working,

in bb simulator can not play mp3, but wav its woking, any body know why? and I have prolem " I can not hear a sound from API sound mp3 in simulator also, but in android it working well, please give me solution bro, thank you for hearing me.

regard,

fery

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Anybody know that "Why can not play sound Mp3 using html5 in BB Simulator Playbook and Smartphone?

It is likely due to a missing codec.  The simulators do not have the same level of multimedia support that live devices do.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Anybody know that "Why can not play sound Mp3 using html5 in BB Simulator Playbook and Smartphone?

Just to add to this, I do believe they support WAV playback. While it may be unideal for production, it may be worth it for your testing purposes. 

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.