Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
CaraWeb
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

App Uploader Hanging on File Upload

Is anyone else having a problem with uploader hanging right after the file is supposedly uploaded to the vendor portal? I make it as far as this screen and can get no further. I have tried in Firefox 3.6(?), 4.0, IE 8, IE9 with no luck in any of them. The most frustrating aspect is I started trying to upload on March 30th, it didn't work so I thought it might have been a problem with the signing on the app.

According to the previous progress meter the file has been uploaded but when I log back in the file isn't there. As you can see in the image, it hangs at step 4 of 5 so it obviously isn't complete. As you can see in the lower right corner, the server is in the UK, so is it just a problem with that location?

Anyway, hopefully RIM will still honor the Playbook offer as it didn't have to do with anything on my end. Can any admins weigh in here? I have tried reporting it through other venues to no avail.

UploaderHang.png

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App Uploader Hanging on File Upload

Are you using a Mac or PC, if so what version of the OS are you using?  Does your OS have any security settings enabled (e.g. Win7 UAC) that could interfere?  Do you have any type of plug-ins / virus scanner / blockers / etc. that might be causing a timeout?

Have you reported this issue through App World vendor support channel:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/appworld/

~ Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
CaraWeb

Windows 7 64 bit. Anti virus shouldn't be an issue. I haven't experienced this problem with any other websites.

Like I said in the other post, the two latest version of Firefox, IE 8 and IE 9 and on the off chance it would make a difference, Chrome. I also thought it might just be that version it had a problem with so I tried uploading the app named differently and experienced the same issue.

I also tried it on a different PC with 32 bit Vista. I experienced the exact same problem with all the computers I tried to submit from. Is it a possibility my location is an issue - Ireland?

Contributor
hakanson
My Device: Bold 9700

How large is your upload.  I had a large file that hung all night.  I also saw a similar posting on these forums where a 3.5M file got the same message.

Also, I posted an (unanwered) question on this forum about any file size limits.

New Contributor
CaraWeb

The file is 12.1 MB. I don't think it's too large. The point where it is hanging is after the "file upload" progress meter (a line) is off and the "file confirmation" progress meter (rotating circular) has taken over.

I also tried it in Safari and Opera and I get the same result.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that's the problem.

New Contributor
CaraWeb

Did my slow internet cost me a Playbook?

Finally! I tried again from a public terminal and it uploaded fine. I tried it from my laptop at the same location and it worked as well. From that location the upload took about 20 seconds. From my home location it takes about 6 minutes. The file is only 12.1 MB. I did a speed test and it shows I have 5.92 Mbps download but only 0.30 Mbps upload. I think the uploader times out after 5 minutes or something.

I had tried uploading from this location before so I don't think it is strictly about the upload speed. Any insights from other people are welcome.

New Contributor
CaraWeb

Ok, according to the App World Vendor Support it should be alright to clear for the free Playbook offer. If there is anyone else that has a similar issue, fire off an email to help@blackberry.com and make your case to them. They have been quite helpful if a bit slow initially due to volume I imagine.