Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

App World submission rejected due to missing home screen icon

I hae recently submitted our application to the App World and received an email saying that it had been rejected for the following reason...

While testing your application on the BlackBerry 8520 (v4.6.1.320), the icon application didn't appear on the device home screen.

I do not understand how to resolve this because the icon is simply specified in the config.xml file and works on other devices.

Could someone please advise.

Many thanks,

Clive

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10

Re: App World submission rejected due to missing home screen icon

Hello,

You may want to interact directly with AppWorld on this one https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

As far as I'm aware the application should be showing up regardless of whether you're specifying and image for the icon, or not

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Developer
My Device: Z10 Red

Webworks is compliant with version 5.0 and later, so it's normal that it's not working for 4.6 curve.

Check that when you uploaded you COD you didn't checked older devices and allowed only os version from 5.0 to 7.1

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

Many thanks folks, I will change the devices specified and that should sort out my problem. Much appreciated!