Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
NathanGaskin
My Device: Not Specified

App crashes with a blank alert box

Hi all,

I've created a Webworks app primarily targetting OS 5.0. I have a series of pages each loading data from a local SQLite database. I'm using html5_init.js for forward compatability with OS 6.0.

The app works fine initially, but as I begin to load subsequent pages (maybe 14 or 15 pages deep within the app), it begins to slow to a crawl. A few more pages and the app will hang on the loading image screen and display an empty alert box. The console in Eclipse shows nothing, neither does the event log on the simulator (I'm using the 9700 simulator for testing).

I first thought this was a problem with a memory leak within my database code, but I've removed anything that touches the database and this issue still occurs.

So - in summary. App with many pages, once I've navigated between about 15 or 16 pages the app hangs with an empty alert box.

Has anyone come across this before? Or more importantly, how can I get any useful debug information from my app?

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NathanGaskin
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App crashes with a blank alert box

I've tracked this down to html5_init.js

If I include it, even without running any other Javascript, the crash will occur eventually. When it's removed, the crash disappears.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Is there a workaround other than creating separate OS5 and OS6 versions and writing the native DB code for each?

Please use plain text.