Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

App denied for recent promotion -- scaling issue + playbook question

Hello,

I am new here, but I entered a bunch of small apps in the recent promotion from several days ago. I found out today that one of my apps was denied.

The reasons given --

1. It is not compatible with the Playbook, since the Playbook is 2.0 and the App is for BB10. I assumed (I guess wrongly) that we were supposed to set the min. req. for 10, even if submitting for the PB too? I could have sworn that's what we did for the first promotion.

2. It seems it is scaling small on Dev Alpha B. Yet the app seemed to be fine under the Ripple emulator. How can I make sure it scales properly on the Dev Alpha or All touch? I am not sure why it's even scaling at all ... and I don't have an actual BB10 device to test it on.

3. I put in a play sound feature, yet the button for it is not working on the Dev Alpha apparently. Is quicktime supported in webworks? No biggie if I have to remove it, just wondering.

For testing, I relied heavily on Ripple, assuming if all was good there, it should be fine on the actual device (which I guess was a mistake).

So... for resubmission, I assume I just make a fresh build of it, resubmit using the same name, and it'll still be eligble for the portathon promotion (I hope)? Is it okay if I simply drop the Playbook release and make it all touch only? Just want to check and make sure it's still eligible for the promotion if it's all touch only?

And is there a way to drop the Playbook release from my other apps, before they get reviewed for release into app world? I have a feeling I may get a ton of denied apps now, simply because I set them for a PB release option too, with an OS req. of BB10. I just assumed they'd be held in waiting until BB10 was released for the PB, not denied.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.