Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
appcannon
My Device: Developer

App doesn't fit to screen

I submitted a game for the port-a-thon, and today the build got denyed due to objects not fitting on the screen.  Now obviously, in both Ripple and the simulator, the app fits and runs fine.  How am I supposed to know what caused the problem in the first place?

I was using 

height:768px

Would that be the cause?

Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Re: App doesn't fit to screen

Same problem for my PB app. Ripple and 3 PB devices (2.0.0.4986, 2.0.0.7978, 2.1.0.1032/1088) display the app perfectly, but it's denied by App world.

width: 600px;
height: 1024px;
Contributor
appcannon

I modified all necessary elements to use width:100%; and height:100%; along with any Javascript getting the window size.  Should this be enough to fix it?

Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900

Contributor
appcannon

No, I hadn't.  Thank you.

I'm still worried about submitting it when the problem still exists.  The port-a-thon rules state that you can only resubmit once.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hello all,

Regarding the Port-a-Thon, there one rule that we can not budge on is "needs to be approved by Dec. 16".

In terms of resubmissions, we'll make exceptions where we can. I believe the date for resubmissions was November 30th, but again we're willing to make exceptions as long as the Dec. 16 approval requirement is met. Note that this is not a submitted by date, but an approved by date.

In terms of the number of resubmissions, we'll also make exceptions where we can, so if you've implemented the viewport fixes, along with styling fixes, go ahead and resubmit. If the testing team comes back with more required fixes, we'll make those exceptions in terms of the number of resubmissions. The one piece that won't budge, again, is that Dec. 16 approved by date.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
MarinaEariel
My Device: DevAlpha

Erik, I submitted three children's games during the Port-a-Thon... any idea on how long could it take to have news on them? Thanks and forgive me for hijacking this post!

Contributor
appcannon

Thank you sir.  I'll just have to hope that I fixed what needed to be fixed (since I can't see any problems on my end).

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Unfortunately I don't have timelines on when approvals will be sent. There were over 2000 application submitted, but our App World team is working around the clock to get their feedback out ASAP. Wish I had more, but all I can really advise is to hang in there, and know that they're working through as fast as they can :-)

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Contributor
appcannon

A bit off topic Erik, but reading the contest rules again makes me wonder.  When it says "Between two and five" for the PlayBook reward, does it mean 2, 3, 4, and 5 or 3 and 4 apps submitted?