Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
newsuperman
My Device: Developer

App fails to connect to API/ Install but does not run

Hello everyone,

I am building an app for blackberry devices using HTML 5 with Webworks SDK. I pull data from an API, the domain of which is set in my config file. So far development is going great and the app runs without a glitch on my Ripple Emulator. Now when I package and sign the app and install it both on a Blackberry Simulator and a Physical Blackberry device this is what I experience:

Blackberry Simulator:

The app installs and loads, but fails to connect to my API, hence even the simple login does not work. When I output the responses I get an internal server error. But this same code works on the Ripple Emulator with actual expected payload on every call.

Physical Blackberry Devices:

The app installs but does not run. But it is the same package as was installed on the Simulator

So I am wondering, is there anything I may be missing out or anything I need to set in place. Do I need to get a new app signing key? Or a different SDK version?.

Does anyone know what I can do next. I have been told that it is not an issue with the signing keys.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App fails to connect to API/ Install but does not run

You do not need to sign an application to run it on a simulator.  However you DO need to sign it to run on a live device.

Are you correctly whitelisting the domain in your config.xml file?  Make sure you have something like this:

<!-- whitelist all domains -->
<access uri="*" subdomains="true"/>

<!-- whitelist a specific domain -->
<access uri="http://www.MYURL.com" subdomains="true"/>

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
newsuperman
My Device: Developer

Re: App fails to connect to API/ Install but does not run

Thank you.

I will try that to see what happens.