Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
laurentC
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom
Accepted Solution

App icon for playbook

Hello,
I'm building an app for the PlayBook using webworks.
I've successfuly packaged and signed it using ripple.
I've installed the .bar file on my PlayBook and all is working good but BB app world team doesn't approve it :
'icon issue after installing application, please make sure the icon is 86x86 in a blackberry-tablet.xml file and included in your bar file'.

I'm comfused because my icon is 86x86 and if I unzipp my .bar file I can see the appicon.png file in the blackberry-tablet.xml file ???
So what's wrong ?
I can say the blackberry-tablet.xml is an auto-generated file while packaging the app. I'm following the webworks documentation for the configuration file and it says you have to create a config.xml file (not blackberry-tablet.xml)...

Any help would be welcome, thanks.

Laurent

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
Tohman
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App icon for playbook

You can define app icon by using icon tag in config.xml. Check your app folder for the content of config.xml. More info about how to use icon and other tags in configuration file please visit this link.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Developer
laurentC

Yes I followed the documentation to write my condig.xml file. I'm using the icon tag and my image file is a png with size 86x86...
My apps
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
Tohman
My Carrier: Telus

All seems valid; if you have a JPG I would change it to PNG. Also you may want to read this post when similar issue was discussed.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Developer
laurentC

I'm sure my icon is ok with the requirements : it's a 86x86 png file ! That's what I'm telling to bb app world support team but I have no news from them till 2 days...

I'm going to try 2 things to fix 'my' problem :
- use the online playbook icon creator
- create /icon and /img folders in my root project to put my image resources. That way, I'll have only 2 files on my root folder : config.xml and index.html

My apps
Please use plain text.
Developer
laurentC

I've read somewhere in the documentation that icon.png is a reserved name. That's how I named my app icon file !!!

I hope it's the reason why my app release has been denied.

Anyway, I've created a iconApp folder and named my file iconTD.png.

Now I'm waiting for the approval...

One thing you should know : if you make an other package of your app name your .zip archive file with the same name you use for the previous release or you couldn't post your release on appworld :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Error-quot-File-bundle-your-...

My apps
Please use plain text.