Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
biggerCC
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha

Re: App rejected, but why?

I understand that - thanks to this bug - we are limited to one orientation or the other. That's perfectly fine for me at the moment, since my app currently only supports portrait mode anyway. Yah, shame on me, the lazy dev. ^^

BUT: it works like a charm on my Dev Alpha and the simulator. So, how can this be an explanation for my App World denial or the mentioned "scaling" issue?

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

From what I can see on the Dev Alpha the problem/issue/bug is when the app is in background and the device screen switches from portrait to landscape the app content/style also switches but gets broken, isn't it?

I think the people reviewing the app should quite litte more be in touch with the developers to know what issues are part of the OS and what might be issue of the app contributor.

Try to contact Ken (@kwallis) or Nukul in the github to point them to the discussion. The other possibility seems to be to wait until the update was published to fix those issues.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
biggerCC

LBP wrote:

I think the people reviewing the app should quite litte more be in touch with the developers to know what issues are part of the OS and what might be issue of the app contributor.

Exactly. I want a screenshot of my problem and the option to reply / ask a question.

It's a little disappointing that I didn't get any "official" reply on this thread within the last 6 days or so...

- - -
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nolte
My Device: No Longer Using.

I was instructed to take it up with this guy:

https://github.com/kwallis

Gave up on BlackBerry and delisted all apps.
Please use plain text.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I'm going to help you get to the bottom of this.  I'll reach out to the App World folks to check to see if there are more details into why the app was rejected.

In the mean time, can you provide me with what your META viewport looks like *exactly* for the app?  Post a reply with a code snippet if possible.  I would like to see what the default zoom level should be for this app.

Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Developer
biggerCC

Sure. Here you go:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=320, user-scalable=no, target-densityDpi=160" />

The given width is fully intentional. I provide high resolution (background) images that will look sharp up to a device width (portrait) of 768px. In my experience I got the best results by letting hi-res devices scale up, other than having low-res (often older) devices scaling the content down.

- - -
Please use plain text.
Developer
n_jay144
My Device: Z10 Red, PlayBook, DevAlpha C

Hi Adam,

Viewport of my rejected app was:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1.00, target-densitydpi=device-dpi">

I changed this viewport to:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=768, user-scalable=no, target-densitydpi=device-dpi">

so, when the user launch this app holding his device horizontally, app will be scaled up as requested (?). App was resubmitted last Friday to the AppWorld as a new release and wait for approval. App ID is: 133273

Please use plain text.
Developer
n_jay144
My Device: Z10 Red, PlayBook, DevAlpha C

Finally my app was approved today :smileyhappy:.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
biggerCC

No update for me. Two weeks and counting...

- - -
Please use plain text.
Developer
biggerCC

Just updated my Dev Alpha to 10.0.9.388.

App still works fine (actually better, since three older issue were resolved: using GMaps does not crash the app any more and outlines for clickable elements are diabled, copy & paste for images is now disabled). 

BUT: Rotation is now acting even more broken: in the previos OS, rotation was disabled and did not work (except for some weird standby/device rotation combinations). Now rotation does work all the time - but not the way it is supposed to work...

And I still have no clue, why my app was rejected in the first place.

- - -
Please use plain text.