Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
tribalfilm
My Device: 9900

App working differently on 2 of the same devices

I'm running into a strange issue testing my webworks app.  Everything was working perfectly on the first device I tried it on (9900).  I recently had two acquaintences install the app on their their devices (exact same model  - 9900).  The app installs and opens on their devices, but the Ajax calls that pull the data from another website aren't working.  My config.xml file is fine, everything is whitelisted.  The app works flawlessly on my 9900, but not on theirs.  The only difference between my device and theirs is that their devices are BlackBerry Enterprise accounts.  Could this have an effect on the ability to pull data from an outside website via ajax?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Puzzling
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App working differently on 2 of the same devices

Yes it could...

Potential issues

- it is possible for the administrator to disable apps entirely (through IT Policy)

- it is possible for the administrator to disable Javascript execution on the device

- Enterprise devices have different data routing possibilities available to them (some of these are also under control of IT policy).   A common option is to force all data to be routed through the corporation so that the corporate firewall policies get enforced.   If your site is blocked in the corporation, then it will be blocked to the device as well.  Also, when data is routed through the corporation it follows a different processing flow that could also cause issues though I'd hope not.

Please use plain text.