Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
bbthemelab
My Device: Not Specified

Application-Development-Mode WebWorks App [false]

I get an error when I am trying to sign my application with the new SDK that the application dev mode is not set to false in manifest. I was looking around a lot and saw that you need to change it from debug or devlope to program mode.... However, I coded the app in Dreamweaver using javascript. All of my images, css, and js files were in a folder that I zipped up, and then compiled using the command options. 

After creating the BAR file I follow these steps:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1463...

Once I get to the RDK signing, it tells me the Application-Development-Mode is not set to false.

>HELP!

Thanks!

Matt

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ivailozn
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: MTel

Re: Application-Development-Mode WebWorks App [false]

I got the same  problem here on my windows work station.

I've been searching several hours how to turn the Application-Development-Mode to false.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbthemelab
My Device: Not Specified

I was able to fix that. Double click on the .bar.

It will tell u it can not find a program to open it, click on select program. Choose WinZip (download it if you do not have it.)

When the bar opens, it will contain two folder. Move those folder onto your PC (where the bar is).

NOTE***

Leave the .zip (bar) file OPENED.

Go through the folder until you find the manifest.nl. Right click it and choose edit with notepad. You will see the application-development-mode: true. CHANGE THIS TO FALSE.

After that, save it. 

Move the folders back into the zip file (bar file).

try to sign it again.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

How are you signing your app, as part of the "bbwp.exe" command line argument, or by using the "blackberry-signer" utility?

Recommend using bbwp.exe to sign your WebWorks applications as part of the build process.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kadabra
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Free

bbthemelab,

I registered just to say THANK YOU!!! You have the solution everybody having this problem is looking for on every forums, supports etc!!!!!:Clap:

Been stuck and searching for a solution for more than 5 hours!!!! I was going crazy and almost giving up when I read your post and tried. Works like a charm!:Punk:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much.

Abra, with love!!:heart:

Everybody THIS IS THE ANSWER

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Georgechr
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: None

Please use plain text.