Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
velumani
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Application Submission New Release- file bundle doubt

Initially we create a application using html5-webworks for only Blackberry-10 OS support,
Now it has Comparability with Blackberry-Playbook 2.1, do we want to add 2 .bar(Bundles) files (which compiled by ripple) for each OS, One for BB-10 OS other one for Playbook OS ? Or the anyone .bar is enough to upload.

Try my HTML5 app CountDown (free)

Click Accept as Solution if this post that have solved your issue(s)!
Like if you found this post useful..
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Application Submission New Release- file bundle doubt

Hey Velumani,

Since you are developing for two devices with different SDKs -- it's probably in your best interest to compile the apps using the two seperate SDKs (one with BB10 and other other one with PlayBook). In the future both devices should share the same SDK but for now they are two different OSs so the SDK differences might cause errors when users run your app. Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
velumani
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Application Submission New Release- file bundle doubt

Got reply from appworldvendorsupport@blackberry.com

If you have 1 BAR file that will run on both a PlayBook and  BlackBerry 10 device, you can most certainly just create 1 Bundle and target both devices.

Try my HTML5 app CountDown (free)

Click Accept as Solution if this post that have solved your issue(s)!
Like if you found this post useful..
Please use plain text.