Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
greenback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, DAC

Re: Application author does not match debug token author

[ Edited ]

I have gotten the same error. Got it fixed!

HOW TO FIX

1) Backup sigtool.p12 file

2) backup token files 

3) Uninstall your sdks

4) Install new sdk

5) restore sigtool.p12 & token files to their original location

6) edit bbwp.properties with location of debug token

Problem solved for me. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
smartek
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: o2

i have the same problem and could not resolve it

Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Nyquil247Trini
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bmobile

It may seem simple but i did it and it worked. First open the bar file with WinRar BUT DO NOT EXTRACT. Doing so will corrupt the META file. Within the WinRar Application locate the META.INF file and double click to open. (if the file type is not set to open with note pad automatically choose it as the preferred application to do so.) In the open note pad with the META info, change the author name and author ID to that of your existing debugtoken.
 (This can be accessed from the debugtoken via the same process to locate the desired application's META.INF).
   Close the note pad and choose to save upon exit. Win Rar SHOULD ask if you would like to save it to the archive. Simply choose yes, and when that's done, exit and attempt the installation again with the newly edited application bar file.
   I observed that using this method, there is no change in the size of the originally packed file and supposedly no damage to its original contents.
Hope this helps.
I had days of trial and error trying to find the simplest way to bypass this issue till i stumbled on this method.

Please use plain text.