Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-23-2012
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Application crash at startup when including feature id="blackberry.invoke"

Greetings,

 

I'm working on a webworks application and i have a strange issue, as soon i add <feature id="blackberry.invoke" version="1.0.0" required="true" /> to my config.xml, it crash and reboot  my test phone (but not the simulator). I've tried to compile on 2.2 and 2.3 and i get the same result.

 

All i can see in the log it's it get a ClassCast Exception. I get no other details in the log. Any idea?

Retired
Posts: 518
Registered: ‎07-18-2011
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Application crash at startup when including feature id="blackberry.invoke"

Hi Hywar,

 

Jus to make sure I understand, simply by adding the feature to your config, every time you launch the app it crashes the whole phone?

 

What device/OS is your test phone?



1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
New Contributor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-23-2012
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Application crash at startup when including feature id="blackberry.invoke"

[ Edited ]

Hello Jeff,

 

Yes, just by adding the feature it crash the whole phone. I have remove all the code (just put an empty index.html file instead of my original one) and it give me the same result.

 

Here's my whole config.xml :

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<widget xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
        xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
        version="0.1.0.33">

	<author href="http://www.beaupre.biz/" rim:copyright="Copyright 2012 Eddy Beaupre">Eddy Beaupre</author>
	<name>surAppel</name>
	<description>Description de l'application.</description>
	<license>Copyright (c) 2012, Eddy Beaupre</license>

	<feature id="blackberry.ui.dialog" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.app" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.push" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.identity" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.identity.phone" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.system" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.system.event" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.invoke" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="blackberry.invoke.PhoneArguments" version="1.0.0" required="true" />
	<feature id="webworks.notification" version="1.0.0" required="true" /> 

	<access subdomains="true" uri="http://beaupre.biz" />

	<icon src="icons/icon.png" />
    
	<rim:navigation mode="focus" />
	
	<rim:orientation mode="auto" />

	<rim:loadingScreen backgroundColor="#000000" foregroundImage="images/loading1.gif" onFirstLaunch="true">
		<rim:transitionEffect type="fadeOut" />
	</rim:loadingScreen>
  
	<rim:connection timeout="25000">
		<id>TCP_WIFI</id>
		<id>TCP_CELLULAR</id>
		<id>MDS</id>
		<id>BIS-B</id>
		<id>WAP2</id>
		<id>WAP</id>
	</rim:connection>
	
	<content src="index.html" rim:allowInvokeParams="true" />
	
</widget>

 

My test phone is a Torch 9800 running 6.0 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Plate-forme 6.6.0.223) on the Bell Mobility network. The issue seem to be something between blackberry.system/blackberry.system.event, and blackberry.invoke/blackberry.invoke.PhoneArguments, if i only put one of the two (system or invoke), it work, if they are all there, the phone crash.

 

New Contributor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-23-2012
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Application crash at startup when including feature id="blackberry.invoke"

I've somewhat managed to fix the problem by wipping all the applications installed on the device and re-installing everything. The installer must have messed up something somewhere...