Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
georgemck
My Device: Red Z10, DevAlpha C, Bold 9900, PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint, AT&T

Re: Application created using html and js - issues

PhoneGap Build uses a different config.xml than WebWorks.

Compare https://build.phonegap.com/docs/config-xml/

and http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Creating_a_BB_Widget_configuration_docum...

PhoneGap build supports BBOS 5, 6 and 7, i.e. only the current smartphones.

WebWorks comes in 3 SDK flavors for smartphones, PlayBooks, and BB10 DevAlpha.

When creating a WebWorks app, you package with the appropriate SDK. These all require a config.xml.

For PhoneGap Build, the config.xml is optional. 

Also about using PhoneGap Build:

If you want to access device apis, PhoneGap Build does require a version of cordova.js to be specified in your <script>something like cordova-1.x.x.x.js (phonegap.js is old name) </script>, in your index.html file. However, you must not include that cordova.js file in your zip when you upload it to PhoneGap Build. Only 1 of your platforms is going to work. PGB automatically packages the right version of cordova for each platform for you.

WebWorks does not use cordova.js. So, don't include it in your zip when you build WebWorks. 

Onward to BBJam Asia 2013!
twitter/github: @georgemck http://www.bbdevla.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GaborP
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: none

Re: Application created using html and js - issues

Thank you guys for your replies. I really appreciate them.

I tried including additional tags in my config.xml file (w.g content, access), without any success.

I am not using webwork. I have a website where i have my users create their own application using an GUI in the browsers, then I package everything in a zip file and I upload it to phone gap. The application is working on my Torch 9800 but not on my Storm 9520. I am pritty sure that the javascript fails at some point in my Storm (hence the white scrollable screen). But the console does not produce any console.log message in order to figure out what the problem is. Any further ideas? I tried and included cordova.js in my index.html file, because that is packaged with the app, but the behaviour is the same. I downloaded phonegaps sample app and installed it on the Storm. It launches however I am not able to click any button. The UI is not responsive :Eek:

Additionally, while I have our attention, I have another issue with my Torch. Any element that has a background specified with background: url(xxx.png) 9px 0px no-repeat. Does not show up. I researched this issue and I am aware the BB does not support this CSS property and I should use background-image: url(xxx.png) instead, however I cannot achieve the same effect as I cannot specify the area of the image (9px 0px) and I am overwriting Jquery mobile css, which does not work in that case, as I am looking at the jquery mobile (+) icon with black background in that case. Do you have any alternative for this issue?

Thank you again for your efforts,

Regards,

Gabor

Please use plain text.