Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Handout
My Device: Curve 8520, Bold 9900, Dev Alpha

Applying for Build for Blackberry. Publishing a Web Inspector enabled version is enough?

Hi,

We got our first BB10 app approved and want to apply for the Build for Blackberry program.

According to this post in the Inside Blackberry Developer Blog we must submit a Debug version of our app (it was built using WebWorks).

Tom Anderson says the debug version is, in fact, an 'Web Inspector enabled version'.

So, is it enough to build a new version, using Ripple, with the Web Inspector option checked  to create the needed BAR ?

TIA,

Handout

Contributor
djpip27
My Device: Developer - Curve 8250

Re: Applying for Build for Blackberry. Publishing a Web Inspector enabled version is enough?

Maybe. The web inspector must be enabled but apparently the file needs to be signed with your code signing certificate too as if it's a release version. I'm not sure if Ripple let's you do both but you can certainly use the command line tools to achieve this. That's how I created my signed debug version.