Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
bxmatus
My Device: Q10

Audio routing

Hello,

is it possible somehow to force webworks to use speakers even when bluetooth is connected ?

I'm using html5 audio, which is working somehow OK, but problem is for example when phone is connected to bluetooth set in car ( for sending/receiving phone calls ) then all audio is routed to car unit and when car unit is not set to play bluetooth audio all sound is just gone. I know that maybe this can be also issue of car unit accepting audio and not playing it but still i would like to be able to force my webworks app to use phone speaker even when bluetooth is connected.

thanks

m.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Audio routing

There is no way to route HTML5 audio this way. Potentially with an OpenAL extension you might be able to get this kind of access, but I'm not sure.

I have a feeling this may even be handled by the OS and, if the user doesn't want their audio piped through their car audio, they would need to turn off that connection; which I understand in this scenario doesn't work too well with the phone-only functionality of the connection.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
bxmatus
My Device: Q10

Re: Audio routing

Problem is that in Q10 there is no way how to turn off bluetooth audio profile and keep only headset profile turned on, however i will check openal extension.

thanks for advise

m.