Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
_shivam
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: none

Azimuth angle(angle between true north and earths magnetic north) in Playbook webworks

I have read in BB Tablet webworks SDK API reference that playbook supports HTML5's deviceorientationevent listener.

but when i tested it in playbook it wasn't giving any result.

Does playbook webworks really supports deviceorientationevent listener?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)

Re: Azimuth angle(angle between true north and earths magnetic north) in Playbook webworks

As far as I know there is "only" the devicemotion event supported on PB and I couldn't find anything about deviceorientation that you have read in the API documentation, can you add a URL you read about it?!

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
_shivam
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Azimuth angle(angle between true north and earths magnetic north) in Playbook webworks

So how could i access playbooks magnetometer information in webworks app. I am sure playbook has magnetometer :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)

Read my post, have a closer look at the provided link, try the sample source code on the linked page. Also have a closer look to the HTML5 Acceleration API documentation for some more informations.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

There is also more information on this answered thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Playbook-rotation-orientation-ti...

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.