Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB 10 signing keys location

Looks like you just change the location of the WebWorks SDK to be the BB10 WebWorks SDK. The latest version 2.6.5 only accepts one SDK to use for WebWorks.

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raakhtar
My Device: 9800

Looks Like i have ran into the same failed to find signing key file : author.p12 with the new Blackberry 10 Webworks SDK 1.0.1.17. TIM can you please help. I have tried keeping the source file to different location other than the WebWorks folder. same issue 

i am using the following cmd

bbwp PATH/<appname>.zip -g <Password>

Please use plain text.
Nukul
My Carrier: Rogers

Look at this 

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

Look at the bottom where it says

Migrating to the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK

Does that help?

@nukulb
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raakhtar

NO, That has no effect and is irrelevant. TIm may be able to answer ...
Thanks Nukul for your help
Please use plain text.
Nukul

The thread is quite long, do you mind briefing me the issue?

I might be able to help if I understand your exact issue.

@nukulb
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raakhtar

Hello Nukul,

I previously had difficulty signing from the Blackberry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.6 where i was shown the cannot sign the application - failed to find signing key file : author.p12. It was found out that if I try to place the archive file in the same folder as bbwp.bat it doesnot work. Tim asked me to try keeping my archive somewhere else like at c:\ and when i tries signing using bbwp PATH/archive.zip -g <password> I was successfully able to sign and submit the App on AppWorld for Blackberry 10. Ever since i have updated my SDK to BB 10 Webworks 1.0.1.17, I get the same message of failed to find signing keys. I would appreciate your earliest help, as i have few apps lined up to be uploaded on to AppWorld for BB 10.

Many Thanks
Raheal
Please use plain text.
Nukul

Inside the sdk there is dependencies/tools
There should be blackberry-signer.bat
Can you call that directly?

That will tell us if the problem is with the sdk or with your system
@nukulb
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raakhtar

Hello Nukul

I get the following error
Error: Certificate Chain not found for: myapp.bar. myapp.bar must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a prviate key and corresponding public key certificate chain. Please also note, i have also successfully signed apps using the native SDK for BB 10

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnode
My Device: BB9700
My Carrier: VMS

I use the Macbook pro Mid 2012 (OS X 10.7.3).

1. I install all the tools in here: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/. BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.17,BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.2 beta, Ripple emulator 0.9.9 beta, Dev alpha Emulator 10.09.0 beta

2. I make the hello world app as describe in here:

3. I test it on localhost, it is OK with Ripple Emulator  but get fail to package with Ripple because the "Start Service" button does not work! --> How to solve it?

4. I try with another way (as written in here) to pack with the BB WebWorks SDK then it still shows error.

Let assume the app is in the /Applications/AMPPS/www/bb10dev folder which contains index.html, config.xml & webworks-1.0.1.17.js
bb10dev/
   + index.html
   + config.xml
   + webworks-1.0.1.17.js
5. I make the zip and pack it
$ zip -r bbdev bbdev/
$ cd /Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.17/
$ ./bbwp /Applications/AMPPS/www/bb10dev.zip /Users/thanhnam/BBWebWorkOut/
--> it show this error:
[INFO]    Populating application source
[INFO]    Parsing config.xml
[ERROR]   Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory '/Applications/AMPPS/www/src/config.xml'

6. I google it and here is what I know: Please refer this, and this

7. I try with another way:

$cd bb10dev/
$zip newzip.zip index.html config.xml webworks-1.0.1.17.js --> so my config.xml file is right in the root folder, right?
$./bbwp /Applications/AMPPS/www/bb10dev/newzip.zip /Users/thanhnam/BBWebWorkOut/
but then it shows errors:

[INFO]    Populating application source
[INFO]    Parsing config.xml
[WARN]    Build ID set in config.xml [version], but signing key file was not found: author.p12
[WARN]    Build ID set in config.xml [version], but no signing password was provided [-g]. Bar will be unsigned
[INFO]    Generating output files
[INFO]    java.lang.NullPointerException
[INFO]    at com.qnx.bbt.packager.Asset.setSourcePath(Asset.java:88)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.Asset.<init>(Asset.java:75)at com.qnx.bbt.xml.BbtExtensionXml.getAsset(BbtExtensionXml.java:571)at com.qnx.bbt.xml.BbtExtensionXml.getAssets(BbtExtensionXml.java:541)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.BbtBarValueProvider.getAssets(BbtBarValueProvider.java:202)at com.qnx.bbt.bar.BARPackager.getAssets(BARPackager.java:71)
[INFO]    at com.qnx.bbt.bar.BARPackager.findAsset(BARPackager.java:233)at com.qnx.bbt.bar.BARPackager.associateSourceAssets(BARPackager.java:227)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.AbstractPackager.parseDescriptorAndCreateBarManifest(AbstractPackager.java:577)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.AbstractPackager.doRun(AbstractPackager.java:238)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.AbstractPackager.runPackager(AbstractPackager.java:164)at com.qnx.bbt.nativepackager.BarNativePackager.main(BarNativePackager.java:61)
[ERROR]   Error: null
[ERROR]   Native Packager exception occurred
[INFO]    java.lang.NullPointerException
[INFO]    at com.qnx.bbt.packager.Asset.setSourcePath(Asset.java:88)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.Asset.<init>(Asset.java:75)at com.qnx.bbt.xml.BbtExtensionXml.getAsset(BbtExtensionXml.java:571)
[INFO]    at com.qnx.bbt.xml.BbtExtensionXml.getAssets(BbtExtensionXml.java:541)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.BbtBarValueProvider.getAssets(BbtBarValueProvider.java:202)at com.qnx.bbt.bar.BARPackager.getAssets(BARPackager.java:71)at com.qnx.bbt.bar.BARPackager.findAsset(BARPackager.java:233)at com.qnx.bbt.bar.BARPackager.associateSourceAssets(BARPackager.java:227)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.AbstractPackager.parseDescriptorAndCreateBarManifest(AbstractPackager.java:577)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.AbstractPackager.doRun(AbstractPackager.java:238)at com.qnx.bbt.packager.AbstractPackager.runPackager(AbstractPackager.java:164)at com.qnx.bbt.nativepackager.BarNativePackager.main(BarNativePackager.java:61)
[ERROR]   Error: null
[ERROR]   Native Packager exception occurred

I have the same result with BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.2

Thank you very much for your help and looking for your feedback soon.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnode
My Device: BB9700
My Carrier: VMS

Thanks to let me know where to download the 2.6.5 version??
As what I know, there is only 2.0.2 in here: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/#playbook
Please use plain text.