If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

connorkyle
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: N/A

BB Bold 9780 - WebWorks App Crashing

We're attempting to imlpement a straight forward proof-of-concept application for our client.  The app uses JQuery 1.8.3, Bootstrap, and a handful of small, custom HTML and Javascript files.  The device is running 6.0 bundle 863 (6.0.0.285)

The app runs fine on the Ripple emulator and on the 9780 simulator.  However, when we run it on the 9780 device it blanks out and returns to the homescreen.  Subsequent launch attempts fail back to the homescreen almost immediately.

Based on what I've read in these forums, this sounds like an issue with memory.  I've tried to minimize the memory usage, removing a rather large Javascript array that we were using as a datasource for an auto-complete field, but the app continues to crash on the device.

Other posts in this forum seem to indicate similar issues with WebWorks, specifically with the 6.0.0.285 software we are using.  We are unfortunately tried to this hardware, and it doesn't seem that there is a software update available for this H/W and carrier (T-Mobile) combo.

Are there any potential workarounds?  Does anyone know the specific memory contraints that we are dealing wtih?  Is running a WebWorks app w/ JQuery and Bootstrap simply too much to ask of this particular device?

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Please use plain text.