Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
kdart89
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB OS 10 FileWriter limit?

I have a PhoneGap application which is running on iOS and Android fine - I'm now porting to BlackBerry and there appears to be some 'teething' issues with regards to the File store.

Is there a limitation on the FileWriter length with the strings it writes? I have multiple JSON string that I'm downloading and storing into a File Entry for offline storage. It seems to store some of my JSON strings fine, but others it seems to (and I use the term lightly) corrupt upon writing. When I say corrupt, it doesn't alter the bits of the string, but it seems to jumble the order of some

It's difficult to trace exactly where the error is because it's happening lower down in the PhoneGap code I think (although no error is reported).

Is there a limit as to the length of strings I can write? These strings aren't 'HUGE' in terms of memory consumption. But I can't work out what's going on and why! If there any limitations on FileWriter, then it would be a huge benefit if you could let me know of any?

Thanks

Please use plain text.