Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
jPush
My Device: No device

BB Simulator App crashes..

Ranbir KapurI have downloaded several apps on BB simulator and when i open any app it shows bllank screen & crashes this happened to many of thm. As Ranbir Kapoor Fan Club, Swami Vivekanang Quotes ..

Any solution ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

Re: BB Simulator App crashes..

The simulator runs on the x86 series of CPUs like you have in nearly all desktop / laptop computers while devices run on the ARM series of CPUs

The CPUs use a completely different instruction set - it's like giving something written in French to someone who only knows English - not a chance of it being understood

When packaging any app you always get Simulator and Device versions of the same thing for exactly this reason

Odd point atises here... Web Works, AIR and JAVA (inc Android?) can all overcome this issue - wonder why we get two versions for those platforms?

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jPush
My Device: No device

I though vmware player is creating virtual ARM processor / environment & then BB simuletor works on same .. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

Nope

Products like QEMU do that sort of thing while products like VMWare allow you to simulate a PC within a PC

The simulator includes an x86 version of BB10 and compiling an app makes the relevant versions for devices / simulators using Arm / x86 instructions respectively

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Developer
leninvengai
My Device: BB 10

BB Simulator needs more space in memory and it makes process of the system slow, you bettwr go for device if you have one for testing your app.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit Like if this post found useful
Please use plain text.