Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

BB10 App using wordpress api?

We have a website powered by wordpress and i would like to create a bb10 app for it. The site has an API, my programming languages are html,xhtml,html5,php and some javascript. Is there anyway i can use the API and build a bb10 app?

Any samples that i can point me in the right direction?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: BB10 App using wordpress api?

This is probably your best answer

As long as you've for an RSS feed coming out of WP it'll build you an app and submit it to BBW for you

Bespoke apps are, of course, possible but try that to start with as it may be what you're looking for as it's fully skinnable and can carry ads if you want

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Contributor

Thanks for your response peardox, but the bb app generator does not allow for customizations, i am looking to do some customizations included icons etc..
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Yep - just wanted to give you the quick + simple option

For any basic blog-on-a-phone app you've basically looking at consuming the RSS feed

Of course you can go much further

e.g.

One of my friends is toying with making an app for his site that ties into location data - he lists music venues so the app would be able to tell you what was going on nearby tonight for example

For the articles its simply a case of parsing the RSS feed which is easy enough and, as you say, you;ve got complete freedom when it comes to design

As everything in WP is stored in the DB it's fairly easy to grab any info from addons (e.g. my friends venue location) and pass that back to the app

Depends on what you wanna do really - not enuff to go on to give a decent answer

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Contributor

sounds cool, i will try the rss route and see how that goes.

Thanks