Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
splatterb0y
My Device: Z10 LE, Playbook and Dev Alpha C
Accepted Solution

BB10 Barcode API for WebWorks

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

here is my problem:

I want to read a 1D Barcode (EAN-13) and achieved this on the playbook with one of the webworks community apis, sadly there is none for BB10 at the moment and I lack the skills to do it with the NDK myself.

Maybe someone of you had done this before and can share his solution with me and the community or has an idea he wants to share with me how to solve this problem. Any help is really really really appreciated.

Cheers,

Christian

BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Re: BB10 Barcode API for WebWorks

Hello,

You could add a new issue to our GitHub repo, and use a "Request" or "Feature" label :smileywink:

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/issues

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Developer
splatterb0y

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this smart suggestion, but maybe you should check the issue queue yourself before posting.

There already is an issue for this on https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/issues/109.

Oh and as you might see I already took part in the discussion over there. :smileyhappy: 

New Contributor
faimage
My Device: fdsfd

i have read EAN 13 before. and i find the ean-13 barcode reading API from web. maybe you can search online to get more.

Developer
splatterb0y

[ Edited ]

There is now a official webworks plugin on github that provides the wanted functionality.