Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: ,

It sort of works on hardware

I'm gonna touch bases with my main BB contact and see what he has to say

I'll let you know what I find out

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
a4andrew
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Starhub

You mean the dev apha is able to render a canvas that is bigger thab 311by 211 px? I was doing some testing on the canvas size on the hardware and it is true that only a small canvas can be dislayed while any larger will give a white screen. Can you let me know how did you do it?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox

Sorry - busy day

I just built a game we were playing around with and oddly even though this is fairly complex it works on device (no white screen)

A signed bar can be found here

Best to start it in lanscape mode (this is from months ago - I've actually fixed a load of the issues)

Soz, I can't supply source for this one as it uses a licensed library and sounds

Anyway this is running at native resolution full screen - it does 50FPS on a Dev Alpha B

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello all,

I just wanted to touch base regarding <canvas> issues on BlackBerry 10. In the current release there is an OS issue that is causing a lot of problems for developers, however our Gold SDK/OS release should resolve this (scheduled for tomorrow, Dec. 11th.)

I would highly suggest repackaging and testing with tomorrow's release.

For those resubmitting for the Got Game Port-a-Thon, the approval deadline has been extended to December 23rd. Meaning that is the date your resubmission must be approved by in order to still qualify for the Port-a-Thon.

This extension should hopefully give those <canvas> devs that were affected by this OS issue some breathing room with the new tools before resubmitting; that being said, the earlier you can resubmit, the more time you have if any other issues come up to resubmit again.

Sincere apologies ot the issues the <canvas> bug caused, and hopefully come tomorrow we see better results across the board.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox

Using the BB 10 gold SDK (1.0.4.5) canvas now works as it should

I've tested my simple test app (link in a previous post) on my Dev Alpha with OS 10.0.09.1675 (latest) and everything works again

Please use plain text.