Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
maniac31
My Device: PlayBook 16gb

BB10 Canvas problem

Hi,

I submitted 5 games to the Port-a-Thon, four of them using canvas, and just received denial emails for all four. I tested them in Ripple and even repackaged them for the PlayBook and tested it there. I had no problems on either platform. However, I was unable to test it on the BB10 simulator, as it currently has problems drawing cavas. Apprently the Dev Alpha used by the AppWorld testing team isn't without problems either, as according to the emails all four games showed blank screens.

I have until December 2nd to fix them to qualify for the rewards, and have NO idea whatsover how to do it, because as I said they work fine in Ripple and on PlayBook (isn't BB10 just modified PB OS?).

I also went through this thread and applied the CSS fix before I submitted the apps, but that didn't help apparently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor
bdev222
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB10 Canvas problem

You are not alone, I had 6 webworks apps done during the port-a-thon all rejected. 

They run fine on a real playbook but not on the bb10 sim and apparently not the dev alpha.

I also have no clue what else to try -- a real let down after the port-a-thon.

Was hoping for a SDK update that has a fix but time is running out now....

if anyone has actual canvas code that works on bb10 it would be nice if they could share it,

or at least share a full fix for the sketchpad sample if there is one.  

The sketchpad css mods mentioned in the related thread didn't do anything for me.

Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

I've got a canvas game that works perfectly on my DevAlpha at 30FPS and managed 50 FPS on a DevBeta (one of my BB contacts loaded it on his in October)

I did have a problem when they upgraded the OS that caused the problem you describe

I just recompiled and re-installed with the latest SDK

My friend Flo has many games in for BB10 - I'll drag him into this (he's also got a DevAlpha)

Without a specific example it's hard to diagnose

PM me if you want to send me a bar to try out on mine

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
FloPMT
My Device: PlayBook♥

Hi
Mail me flopmt@gmail.com I'll help you out

Flo
----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! :smileyhappy:
Developer
peardox

Hey Flo - They should like me not you - I made the Intro :smileyhappy:

[Everyone else]

Flo's got loads of apps in there and if he can't work it out we'll work it out together (I guess that means you'll have to like us both) <g>

Anyway - any help needed contact myself or Flo and we'll try to help you out (we're good)

Contributor
maniac31

Thanks a lot guys, I sent FloPMT an e-mail and hopefully we will be able to figure out what's wrong. If we can't I'll be sure to PM you peardox :smileyhappy:

Developer
peardox

I helped Flo out on his first projects - tidy up etc - pre-launch PB (known him a while)

He does ideas, concepts, code and graphics - I just fill in the dark techie bits when needed :smileyhappy:

I'm mainly server-side and techie BB stuff - works well for us

New Contributor
a4andrew
My Device: Dev Alpha

Hi there,

Is there any solution to the above problem. I can only spawn a canvas no bigger than 311 x 211 on the dev alpha (10.0.9.1103 ) and using the latest SDK 1.0.3.8 (mac). Most of my stuff are making use of hardware accerlerated canvas with the easel library. Anyone else experience this and have a solution?

andrew

Contributor
maniac31

Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure it out, so I just ended up remaking a simplified version of all the games with absolutely positioned div, and I won't upload the feature-richer canvas games until they fix it or I get a Dev Alpha and can fix it myself. Now I'm crossing fingers to have the games accepted before the deadline (they again behaved differently in Ripple and on the simulator). Btw I think I've read on this forum that canvas might be fixed in the next OS version.

Developer
peardox

OK

A very simple canvas demo is here

It does almost nothing - just paints a red backgound

It works in Ripple but I'm waiting for keys for a device test

Semantically it's right (but very boring)

If someone compiles it up before me you're simply looking for a completely red screen

I wanna do some audo tests next (I'm late on that)

I've made the code extremely simple so its easy to understand what I'm doing here

Note the complete lack of height and width in the metas