Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900

Re: BB10 + Cordova/Phonegap support

when using package and sign with Ripple 9.7 for BB10 I get code signing errors. However the program still writes to the output folder of which the contents are:

1.one folder called device( inside is the bar file)

2.one folder called simulator( inside is the bar file)

3.one zip file of the app

I have no BB10 device to test with

with Ant the Build fails if a code error exists or signing is missing.

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

I worked with Phonegap/Cordova in the past on PlayBook but I'm not aware of support for BB10 right now. I asked in the IRC and somebody told me someone at RIM is working on support for BB10? When we have a closer look to the feature table of Phonegap support for BB10 and also PlayBook is still missing there but the files for PlayBook are already in the downloads, so the one or the other feature may already be adapted to the Phonegap APIs for all the mobile OSs.

BTW: Building and compiling an app for BB10 using a debug-token and ant script call works great here. I haven't tried to sign yet since I got some errors but I think I would need to change some lines in my adapted ant script to test again. On the other hand we do not have a cordova.js file for BB10 in the downloads yet, so it may not work in every case until we have?

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Trusted Contributor
usr501

I'm looking forward to the phonegap support for BB10. As well when ripple for BB10 is perfected.

In my case what worked for BB10 and Ripple 9.7 was:

I stripped out only the phonegap code leaving me with my JqueryMobile -HTML files , a config.xml file and I added the required webworks.js file and the small js. 'Function ready' call to all html pages.

I have issues with links running locally ( looks like a Jquerymobile thing ) so I loaded it to our server and it worked right away.

BUT I cannot 'package and sign'. "Get The Red Bar of death":smileyvery-happy:

It's odd that it spews out a bar file like I mentioned in the previous post.

One positive thing for Ripple BB10 is the JQM-page transitions work real well on the emulator- 

FYI-The app I'm testing with is already in AppWorld for Playbook  and for OS6 and OS 7 respectively. All built with

Ant/Phonegap/Jquerymobile using the version specific SDK from Blackberry.

Developer
Developer
LBP

It seems at this time they only created placeholder for the BB10 project in Cordova but you may have a closer look to the commit @github. Until now I couldn't find something else about BB10 and Cordova.

BTW: I'm using the Phonegap/Cordova ant script with some changes to the build.xml, project.properties and also created a bb10.xml template to use "ant bb10 load-device" and for now I can package and run my testimonials on the device using debug-token only. Signing fails with "Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password" and I do not know why. Same keys work well when signing for PB + Cordova/Phonegap.

Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

any idea when it comming ??

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Developer
Developer
LBP

Mmmmmh. Some time ago I was in the Phonegap/Cordova IRC chatting with the guys there and I believe Fil Maj from Adobe was the one pointing out someone @RIM is working on a BB10 port and I assume Gord Tanner, from the github repo link I gave, is working on it since he also works for TinyHippos (part of RIM) @RippleUI.

Trusted Contributor
usr501

[ Edited ]

LBP wrote:

Signing fails with "Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password"

That is what Ripple BB10 spits out.

all the while it sends a bar file to the simulator folder and the device folder and a zip too.

If I had a device :smileyvery-happy:

looking at the log entries from Picard Boldy goes on 9910 as it builds tells what Ripple is trying to do but I'm still confused.

Heading to Kitchener for the BB Jam August 23rd hoping for a device :smileyvery-happy:

Developer
Developer
LBP

usr501 wrote:
    That is what Ripple BB10 spits out.

all the while it sends a bar file to the simulator folder and the device folder and a zip too.

If I had a device :smileyvery-happy:

looking at the log entries from Picard Boldy goes on 9910 as it builds tells what Ripple is trying to do but I'm still confused.

Heading to Kitchener for the BB Jam August 23rd hoping for a device :smileyvery-happy:

I don't know why since PlayBook signing works really great. For now I set up my ant build scripts to compile for PlayBook and BB10 using debug token only, so I do not get those errors until I need to put all things together for the app world :smileyvery-happy:

For the dev alpha, if you applied for one, you may be informed ~24h before the event. I got one in Berlin on the Jam and since that day I couldn't without testing something on the device every day. Hopefuly you will get one for testing purposes, if not try to PM the admins for one may also work.

Trusted Contributor
usr501

[ Edited ]

LBP wrote:

I don't know why since PlayBook signing works really great. For now I set up my ant build scripts to compile for PlayBook and BB10 using debug token only, so I do not get those errors until I need to put all things together for the app world :smileyvery-happy:

Exactly- I did build for BB10  two weeks ago using the 2.2.0.5 SDK for tablets   using blackberry load versus playbook load - its a grey area ( seems the BB10 OS is  a bit different from PlayBook?)but it did build and once again I have no device . AND the VMware simulator for BB10 takes forever to load on my desktop so thats frustrating the effort even more.

Funny The vmware for Playbook loads right away. both are configured with the "project proerties" file--- simulators are ok but device testing is the only way

Developer
Developer
LBP

You are really right with the "..but device testing is the only way". RIM must have heard this a lot since this was the information we got at the BB10 Jam in Berlin why the BB10 dev alpha device is given to developers :smileyhappy: since testing directly on the device is what you need to test for performance of an app and, btw, Ripple is far away from how the look+feel together with performance is on the devices.