Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: BB10 + Cordova/Phonegap support

regarding the look and feel of Ripple-that is especially true for CSS .That's a hell of a big phone on Ripple emulator 9.7:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Little bit :Offtopic: now, but I think you are really right. I created a small testimonial app on BB10 and then yesterday build and deployed the app to both, BB10 and PlayBook device, to see if it is working from right from the first attempt, but the CSS seems buggy for PlayBook device, it looks really different to what it should and it looks also really different to what Ripple, using PlayBook emulator, is showing. In Ripple both, BB10 and PlayBook look as expected, but on the PlayBook device it isn't.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pandurang
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Hi can i know how to launch simulator after building the phonegap

bcz i am facing problemin

not possible to configure  blackberry.sim.dir=C:\\Program Files\\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager\\simpack\\6.0.0.227

in project.properties file.

In BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.8 installed folders  there is no simpack folder exists.

then how to launch simulator?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Hi.

BB10, like PlayBook OS too, is little bit different. Try to set up the projekt.properties file like for PlayBook. There is no simulator folder you need to link, you only need the simulators IP address, start simulator before you build+deploy and thats it.

In the project.properties have a closer look to the statements with "playbook.*" like "playbook.bbwp.dir" and add the informations from your BB10 simulator/device. Then deploy with "ant playbook load-simulator" to run in simulator or "ant playbook load-device" to run on device directly.

Hope this works.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
in4p1
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Telus

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gerii
My Device: PlayBook, DevAlpha
My Carrier: 3AT

I'm trying to build my cordova-based application for the DevAlpha (ant qnx load-device) but the script fails trying to find the file bbwp.exe in the BB10 WebWorks SDK folder (which doesn't exist, only bbwp.bat exists there):

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Alpintouren\2.1\BlackBerrybbUIjqMobile\qnx.xml:164: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.2.9\bbwp.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system can't find the specified file

Is that a known issue or am I doing something wrong? (My app builds fine for the PlayBook)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gerii
My Device: PlayBook, DevAlpha
My Carrier: 3AT

Bug has been fixed by Gord Tanner.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1748

It's finally possible to deploy a cordova-based app to the DevAlpha on Windows.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arnoldc
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha Device
My Carrier: None

Just found out Phonegap has support to qnx since 2.1.  Latest version is 2.2.  That's encouraging.  Haven't tried it myself though.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Hey folks, yes BlackBerry 10 support has been included in PhoneGap since 2.1.  The recent 2.2 release included support for Windows which had been missing.

BlackBerry Developer Relations will be submitting a pull request very soon to improve the 'getting started' documentation on the PhoneGap developer site.  This will add significant clarity for developers interested in building for BB10.

Please stay tuned ...

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
sosolidgold
My Device: bb10
My Carrier: t-mobile

Does any one know how to deploy cordova to a bb10 dev device?  I can't find javaloader.exe and i keep getting that error in my command prompt.  I followed the tutorial on the cordova site using 2.2 and changed bbwp.exe to bbwp.bat in the  project.properties file.  Should javaloader.exe be changed as well?

Please use plain text.