Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
sebapalus
My Device: Bold 9900, Torch 9810, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Polkomtel

Re: BB10 Dev Alpha issue: Debug token is invalid

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried deploying apps yet, just installing debug token, because without valid debug token I cannot do it, right? When I install the debug token on the device using

blackberry-deploy -installDebugToken "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.0.15\debugtoken.bar" -device 169.254.0.1 -password password

(in command line shows: "success") then in the Settings->Security->Development Mode on Dev Alpha I can see status of the debug token, which is one of the following (depends on date I set on the device):

"Not applicable to this device"

"Debug token is invalid"

"Issue date missing or in the future"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rodnolan
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

@sebapalus, my fresh-out-of-the-box device came from a colleague who attended BB10 Jam in Toronto. I didn't have to do a security wipe because it hadn't even been turned on for the first time.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rodnolan
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

And note that the need to edit bbwp.properties applies only to the TabletOS version of the SDK, not the BB10 version... just to avoid some potential confusion.

See the "Set the debug token" section of https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_testing/runnning_unsigned_apps_using_a_debug...

Rod

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sebapalus
My Device: Bold 9900, Torch 9810, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Polkomtel

With the newest BB OS 10.0.6.386 and BB10 SDK 1.0.1.5 debug tokens work perfectly without any date tricks! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fxberry
My Device: 10 alpha
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Trying with the lastest SDK and OS version (10.0.9.1675) and getting the same three errors reported in this thread.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fxberry
My Device: 10 alpha
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Solved it.. I was using the same debug token I had generated for the simulator instead of generating a new one for the alpha device.
Please use plain text.