Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

BB10 - HTML5 Video/Audio - stoped working

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I worked with HTML5 video/audio in one of my testimonials and it was working so far, but it seems to not working any more after I updated the BB10 Dev Alpha to OS version 10.0.6.545. Someone else encountered that problem so far?

To add some more informations: running BB10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.1.8 (beta), bbUI.js 0.9.4 ("next" commit from Jul 20, 2012)

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 - HTML5 Video/Audio - stoped working

I just tested HTML5 video in the 10.0.6.545 browser and it worked as expected.

Do you see any errors in web inspector?  Curious if its an issue related to the web view rather than browser.  I don't think bbUI.js should have any impact on this behavior.

Is your video being embedded in the BAR, or are you referencing it from a remote location?  

Last question - do you know what codec is being used for the video?  I hope that supported codecs weren't changed in 10.0.6.545, but I don't want to rule it out.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
Developer
LBP

Hi Adam. Thanks for your response.

I already figured it out. I needed to restart the device to get it working again. I'm browsing the FileSystem and if there is a video or even an audio file it should be played using the corresponding HTML5 media element. Seems the same issue like for the NFC that isn't responding from time to time and you can not turn it on (if was off) or even turn it off (if was on).

For the codecs, do you have any summary what is supported on BB10 so far and in the future?

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

i just spoke with the docs team who confirmed they are actively working on updating this information and making it more discoverable from DevZone.

For now, you can find info about supported media types on PlayBook / BB10 Dev Alpha

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/subcategories/?userType=1&category=Supported+Media

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
Developer
LBP

Adam, thx again for posting this.

It annoys me that we haven't come to talk to each other in Berlin on the Jam. I went to all of your sessions but most of the topics wasn't really new to me, on the other hand there are more questions than before regarding BB10 platform, support for devs, availability of APIs and so on ;-)