Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
serdmann
My Device: ZZ10
Accepted Solution

BB10 Native UI Elements (ActionMenu, AppMenu, TabbedPane) with Webworks

I everybody,

I am new to BB10 development and I wondering if there is the possibility to insert native UI Elements like ActionMenu, AppMenu, Tabbedpane via Webworks and getting also the gesture recognnition to open these Menue (swipe from the top, swipe from left,...). 

I having a jQueryMobile app and I want to integrate some native Elemts via Webworks. Without using frameworks

like BBUI.js. So is there the possibility to do that with just calling some javascript webworks funtions to add a action menu(to the left), tabbedpane (to the bottom) and an AppMenu(to the top) ?

Or do I need to integrate frameworks like BBUI.js and adding gesture recognition by myself?

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: BB10 Native UI Elements (ActionMenu, AppMenu, TabbedPane) with Webworks

The JQuery Mobile BB10 theme contains an Action Bar, App Menu, sliding panels etc.

You can either use them declaratively in your HTML or insert them into the DOM dynamically using JavaScript.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
serdmann
My Device: ZZ10

thanks for your reply,

I am aware of this BlackBerry theme. But my main question was to use WebWorks itself instead of an third party framework.

I also tried to integrate the bbUI JQM theme into my existing JQM App but as expected there are some

conflicts between JQM BBUI theme and JQM. And what about handling the native gestures like swiping from left or from the top of the screen?  The JQM bbui theme example apps I have seen so far dont support these gestures.

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

There are no controls built in to WebWorks. It only proivdes plain HTML/JS/CSS, and the ability to pop up some simple dialogs. You'll need a UI framework, or code your own UI.

Note: the BBUI.js framework and the JQM framework with the BB10 theme are different things. They serve similar goals, but are not compatible with eachother. Judging from your posts you seem to be mixing them up.

As you are already using JQM, I'd suggest just adding the JQM BB10 theme.

Most BBUI projects use the Hammer.js framework for gestures. For JQM projects, you can either use the built-in JQ/JQM events, or choose to use Hammer.js too. Niether of these methods are BB-specific, and should work on any mobile device.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Trusted Contributor
lathajagan
My Device: Blackberry Z10

i have used JQM BBui theme, u can check out the sample app in GitHub with name jQueryMobile-BB10-Theme, it demonstrates a couple of examples, and its good, i have personally used action bar in HTML5_Jquery project, its looks and feels like native and good
--------
- If a post contains the solution to the problem, please click "Accept as Solution"
- If a post contains helpful content, please give it a "Thumbs Up"

developer.blackberry.com
@BlackBerryDev