Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Software Developer

BB10 Simulator not responding properly.

Hi All,

I am developing an BB10 application , i installed BB 10 Alpha simualtor and running this through VMWare player but it is not responding properly , i am not able to see the application icons. attaching the screen shot my simulator.BB10 Simulator

Thanks to All

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 Simulator not responding properly.

What happens when you click on any of the black squares (should be the application icons)?

Another options is reset the VM using the Player->Power->Reset menu.  Sometimes that fixes a lot of problems Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hello mhaanbati, did Adam's suggestion resolve your issue? If so, can you please accept that post as the solution for this thread? If not, can you please confirm which simulator version you are currently using?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Software Developer

No,

All application icons got disappeared after resetting simulator, it is locked and i am not able to unlock this.

I am trying to drag up sim icon by long press even though it is not getting unlock. might be due to virtualization of CPU i have not done that.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Just one more recommendation, based on the version in the titlebar of the original post, it seems there is a newer simulator available:
https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_installing.html

Might be worth giving it a try.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.