If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
hammergun
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: 919020206959

BB10 Webworks application not running after deploying from Mac

I've been developing BB10 webworks applications from last December. I used to deploy it successfully from my previous windows machine. I got even the Ant-Script setup. Now recently I shifted to Mac and was setting up the development environment. Here also I have the ant-script set up.

The application is deploying successfully but is stuck with a white screen with the debug alert. I tried entering onto console, checking for logs, but I guess the webworks itself is not initialized :smileysad:. I tried deploying the samples and again the same result. Searched through google and found out I needed to reinstall SDK, which I did and yet with no positive effect. Please do help me asap.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 Webworks application not running after deploying from Mac

A white screen generally means that there is some JavaScript error. If you let the application start up in debug mode up to the white screen, connect Web Inspector, and then in Web Inspector hit CTRL+r, that should cause a refresh of the application on the device and full console logging from startup.

Can you please give that a shot and confirm whether the console shows any errors during that full startup?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
anzor_b
My Device: White BlackBerry 10

Hi hammergun,

I've seen an issue where an old version of bbUI.js was causing a white screen on startup. Are you using bbUI? If so, see that you upgrade to a later release and let me know how it works out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hammergun
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: 919020206959

Ya, I guess the problem was with code. I tried running the sample, it didnt work. I just changed the basic initialization code(the eventlisteners load and webworksready) and it seemed to work. But again performance is choppy. I guess its due to the background images. The background color while moving one screen to another remains white. Is it possible to change this? I tried modifying the background-color of body and the class bb-screen(which i presume is applied to the screen div). 

Please use plain text.
twindsor
My Device: Z10

Set the underlying colour of the webview itself using the config.xml. It's a param value on the blackberry.app feature: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/param_element.html

If you set it to the same colour as your body background, you will have seamless transitions and page loads.

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.