Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 + PlayBook

BB10 Z10: App World pushing wrong app version

Hi

I have an interesting problem which it seems keeps persisting on a single Z10 device.

We have submitted a webworks application and have recently updated the package which was approved. 

This is the scenario.

• Version 1 is installed on the Z10
  • Version 2 shows in BlackBerry App World app as available for upgrade
  • I perform the upgrade to Version 2, but when I open the app it is still Version 1

So I submitted a Version 3 which was approved and pushed but the same scenario stil persists. When you open the app you always get Version 1.

Since this is a webworks app I have gone and cleared all cache from the browser for safety. i have also tried the uninstall, restart, re-install route. It simply doesn't work.

The bar file submitted to BlackBerry Vendor portal is correct as I have performed side loads on both a Z10 and a Dev Alpha device and then the correct version is installed (V2 or V1) and the old version is replaced.

This only happens when I perform an update via the BlackBerry World App. Any ideas on what might be the issue?

Is it app related, device cache related or is this a carrier push problem?

NOTE: Another Z10 device on the same carrier but in a different city did not display this behaviour

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: BB10 Z10: App World pushing wrong app version

Are you sure you're loading the correct version on your Z10? It could be that you have 2 versions of the same app installed on your device. Look through your apps list.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Contributor

Only the one version is installed.

In my understanding the <widget xmlns: id="UNIQUE_APP_NAME" > element should avoid that from happening with the version tag indication when upgrades are available. So that part is correct thus there can't to versions of the app running at the same time.

What I am noticing is that when viewing my apps online on the BB World it isn't showing the App but when viewing it on the device it show the app as being available from the BB World.

Event when I set it to be removed from BB World from the app it remains there. It is almost asif the initial download package is stuck somewhere on the device/SP server.

Will do some more troubleshooting.

Luckily I have reports that no other devices are experiencing the problem. Right now it looks to be unique to my Z10.

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Even if you have the same id, you can still have 2 "versions" of the same app installed, but that's only if one of them was compiled with the -d switch (debug).

In your case, it seems to be a caching issue though. Maybe it would be best to enquire about this in the Appworld forum?

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Contributor

Interesting, didn't know that.

Well in this case the -d (debug) wasn't set as it was a production release.

I did however notice that there is a problem between the synching of the device and online BB World.

So it might be that which is causing the problem.

Tested on two other devices (Z10) with different IDs and we can't duplicate the problem.

Will file this chapter under Interesting! Smiley Happy

Thanx for the advise, much appreciated