Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

BB10 - app does not handle exit

Hi,

I run into an issue that almost all times I shut down the app by swyping away from the opened apps that it responds with an "application did not handle 'exit' message and was slayed".

Anybody knows what is wrong with latest WebWorks SDK or with the BB10 Dev Alpha update 10.0.6.386 I'm on here? Is there an exit-functionality handler to be set in the config.xml file or somewhere else in the app?

Regards.

IMG_00000028.png

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Developer
jamiejulius
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: BB10 - app does not handle exit

I am seeing this consistently as well on a Cascades application, so it's probably not just an issue with WebWorks.

Developer
Developer
LBP

jamiejulius wrote:

I am seeing this consistently as well on a Cascades application, so it's probably not just an issue with WebWorks.

THX. So it seems to be an issue of the latest OS version or the SDK's and not necessarily an issue in our implementations. Another bug/issue to be reported for BB10.

Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha

Not only cascade or webworks this error comes always with all the platdorms. I think BlackBerry OS team will be fixing this soon in the next update

Developer
Developer
LBP

WebCreep wrote:

Not only cascade or webworks this error comes always with all the platdorms. I think BlackBerry OS team will be fixing this soon in the next update

After reinstalling/repairing the BB10 OS due to battery issue the bug seems to not come up that often for me here. Do not know why. Before the repair I also encountered the font of the OS (same version 10.0.6.386 as after the repair), also in the App World application, was set to something else as it is now. Thought it looked like a "Times" before.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

How are you calling the exit method?  The order of events should be something similar to the following:

function exit() {
	blackberry.app.exit();
}
function ready() {
	document.getElementById("btnExit").onclick = exit;
}
window.addEventListener("load", function(e) {
	document.addEventListener("webworksready", ready);
});

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
Developer
LBP

Hi Adam,

after the update to 10.0.6.386 it works even better, apps do not close by it's own that often and the call of

blackberry.app.exit();

works now. But I think the point is to add the webworks JavaScript to the header of the screens, isn't it.

<script type="text/javascript" src="webworks-1.0.x.y.js"></script>

I'm working with bbUI.js and exit of my testimonials works well right now using this action-bar:

<div data-bb-type="action-bar">
	<div data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="button" data-bb-overflow="true" data-bb-pin="true" data-bb-img="images/actionBar/cog_dark_theme.png" onclick="blackberry.app.exit();">{i18n:action.appClose}</div>
</div>

Not to worry about the

{i18n:action.appClose}

I work with my own implementation to localize the app to the systems default language on startup or even if I push a screen to the stack.

Thx again for your informations here!!