Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

BB10 - blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync - Issue with content text

Hi everbody.

I encoutered an issue with the blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync dialog on BB10 Dev Alpha. The image below show comes from the following JS source:

blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync("Test-Content goes here with some \"other content\".", blackberry.ui.dialog.D_OK, function() {/*do something here*/}, {title: "Test-Header", size: blackberry.ui.dialog.SIZE_SMALL, position : blackberry.ui.dialog.CENTER});

I think the content of the dialog should not start and end with the " letter and it should also translate \" to only be a " in this case of content-text, isn't it?

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
dtater
My Device: 9700 | 9900 | PlayBook | Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Many :)

Re: BB10 - blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync - Issue with content text

var txt = "Test-Content goes here with some other content.";

blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync(txt, blackberry.ui.dialog.D_OK, function() {/*do something here*/}, {title: "Test-Header", size: blackberry.ui.dialog.SIZE_SMALL, position : blackberry.ui.dialog.CENTER});

try that.

I don't know (or remember for that matter... hehe) what formatitng options were allowed with the popup dialogue boxes (it's been a long time since i worked with them)

- - - - - - - - - -
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP

dtater wrote:
var txt = "Test-Content goes here with some other content.";

blackberry.ui.dialog.standardAskAsync(txt, blackberry.ui.dialog.D_OK, function() {/*do something here*/}, {title: "Test-Header", size: blackberry.ui.dialog.SIZE_SMALL, position : blackberry.ui.dialog.CENTER});

try that.

I don't know (or remember for that matter... hehe) what formatitng options were allowed with the popup dialogue boxes (it's been a long time since i worked with them)

Almost the same using this. It seems to be a bug since the dialog content shouldn't be surrounded with those " letters when only adding a string to it, isn't it. If the string would be this:

var txt = "\"dialog content\"";

so it should show up with " surrounded text.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP

I worked on some other things and besides this I got another dialog appearing on the screen due to a "Media Error" like shown in screenshot below. It seems the defined system-dialogs are working well, what do we need to do to get it working in our source code also?

IMG_00000011.jpg

Please use plain text.