Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
edyb
My Device: Torch 9800 and 9810 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

BB10 - onscreen keyboard popups on jQuery dialogs having input text boxes that are READONLY

I am using jQuery for a dialog but it contains a few readonly input text fields, used simply to show the color settings (background of input field is set to a color and the text in the input field is showing RGB values). I do NOT want the onscreen virtual keyboard to pop up when I open this dialog.

It was working fine before on Webworks 1.0.2.9 for BB10 on Dev Alpha. Now I compiled the 1.0.3.8 and also deploy to the latest BB10 Alpha latest OS 10.0.9.1103 and the keyboard is popping up, even though all of the input text boxes are readonly.

Is there some work-around or another way to do this so the keyboard isn't opened? It covers half the screen and confusing to the user. 

By the way I am using the Farbtastic color wheel selector here:  http://code.google.com/p/farbtastic/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oguzhancansever
My Device: BB Z10, BBQ10 Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: xyz

Re: BB10 - onscreen keyboard popups on jQuery dialogs having input text boxes that are READONLY

Hi guys,

I have the same problem regarding another workaround. I am trying to use a Jquery datepicker instead of native one and every time when I focus on an input field keyboard  pop ups. I think, Dev Alpha has a bug, so it doesn't respect 'readonly' attribute.

-------------------------
@oggyindahouse
Please use plain text.
pierre_ming
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: SingTel

Re: BB10 - onscreen keyboard popups on jQuery dialogs having input text boxes that are READONLY

I am having the same issue too on 10.0.10.90 BB Z10.

To reproduce the issue, just create an html page with input control that has readonly attribute. tapping the input will trigger the on-screen keyboard to appear. Please fix this.

Please use plain text.