Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

BB10 webworks application broken after OS update

My Blackberry 10 webworks application no longer works after the OS upgrade to OS Version 10.1.0.4633 (Software release 4181). I am using BBUI.JS/CSS with my application.

However, it still works in the simulator with build 10.1.0.1483. When opening the application on the device it just stays white. Nothing happens.

Anyone, any clue what could be wrong?

In the web inspector it seems like the bb.push is not working as there is no body.

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Re: BB10 webworks application broken after OS update

Which version of bbUI.js are you using? Have you tried the newest release?

bbUI.js 0.9.6.687 (https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/tree/master/pkg/bb10)

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
New Developer

[ Edited ]

I have tried the latest release. Why would it work in the simulator but not on the device? Doesn't make sense to me.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

There may be some timing differences between the two in terms of script loading.

One recommendation is to build a debug version of the application and connect Web Inspector. Let the application load, and then in Web Inspector hit CTRL+r to trigger a refresh and the application will reload from the beginning. This ensures that you get the full Console logs and can check for any errors.

Some developers attempt to set document.addEventListener('webworksready', ...) before teh load event has triggered (i.e. just directly in a <script> in the head.) Make sure to wait for load or DOMContentLoaded to actually fire before attempting to add any event listeners to the main document. That would be the most common cause that I can think of.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer

Thanks oros. This actually solved my problem!