Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BB 4 and BB 5.0
My Carrier: BB Curve

BBM integration into Webwork apps

Hi! I want to integrate BBM into my BB webwork project, I've searched and got that its live on Java plateform but didn't found any reference about webwork using JS.

Can anyone provide me some helpful links of integrating BBM into my webwork app.

Also I wanna integrate FB and twitter share into my app.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM integration into Webwork apps

The BETA of the BBM WebWorks APIs will be available VERY soon. We are working on getting everything lined up to get out there.
Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

Thanks Tim Neil, please do inform me too can we integrate FB and twitter share in our webworks apps. I tried window.open and it doesn't works. I queried on forum but nobody replied me.

Thanks Tim.

Retired

window.open will not work to create a new window on the BlackBerry. Even in the browser, this will open a new tab and not a dialog.

In a WebWorks application there isn't the concept of tabs.  Is there a specific API you are using that requires popup windows?

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

No I creating the app which already have a website and I wanna share the website link on fb and twitter using my webwork app.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Developer

Tim, please tell me is it possible to integrate FB and twitter share buttons on our webwork apps to share our website link on fb???

Thanks

Retired

I have not used FB share or Twitter buttons before... I'm not sure how they work (i.e. ajax, open new tab, other) so I can't tell you if they work or not.

Have you tried them and found problems with them?  Have you diagnosed what the problem is?  If they require a popup window through window.open which would open up a new tab on a regular browser, then they will not work in WebWorks.  

If you look into the source on how the buttons work, they will likely be using standard web technology that you could incorporate in your app to accomplish the same goal.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

[ Edited ]

hello Sir, BBM beta version of Webworks is launched but its functional only on simulators, can you refer me any link so I can integrate it into my application.

Guide Link

Thanks

Developer

I can't get any help of how to integrate BBM into my app.

please give some solution

Thanks