Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BBM integration to update status when user has not set up BBM

Hi,

We have integrated BBM status update into our application.

When the user opens the app they are asked permissions to allow the app to access BBM.

Then there is an alert message which states that BBM set up is required to connect to the app with options to Cancel or Continue.

If a user Cancels out of the aler they can still proceed through the app but when they get to the point where they can hit a link to update their status nothing happens.

What i would like to know how to do is that if someone hits cancel rather than setting up BBM can we set a flag to then hide the BBM status update functionality?

Seems a bit odd to require someone to set up BBM but still allow them to cancel out and run the app.  Appreciate that this should be handled but not sure where to do so Smiley Happy

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBM integration to update status when user has not set up BBM

BBM has to be setup before an application can complete the BBM registration process.  If they cancel out of this process you won't get a registration success value.  You should only enable the BBM features of your application after a successful registration.

We still allow the user to run the application because they may not want to setup BBM, but still use the application.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker