Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Super Contributor
Meghasanghvi
My Device: Not Specified

BBUI.js menu display

Hi,

Currently i am creating mobile application using BBUI.js. I want to add content menu on the screen. When user on the home screen and swipe the screen to left i want to show content menu. How can i do this?

I do not want to add content menu on button click or any other click. when user swipe the screen menu is display.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nunodonato
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: TMN

Re: BBUI.js menu display

Hi there

There's no way in bbUI.js to capture a swipe gesture and assign an action. You need to add an external JS toolkit that supports it and then do the appropriate coding.

Just out of curiosity, what devices are you targeting? The big percentage of BB phones don't support touch, which means your menu would be impossible to access.

Nuno
theBBthing.wordpress.com - my BlackBerry development blog: news, tips and tutorials
bitoutsidethebox.com - re-imagining digital solutions

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Meghasanghvi
My Device: Not Specified

I am targetting BB10 device for menu. I want to display menu when user swipe the screen.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nunodonato
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: TMN

Oh ok! Then You should check the menu examples that come with bbui, that should work fine in BB10.
Nuno
theBBthing.wordpress.com - my BlackBerry development blog: news, tips and tutorials
bitoutsidethebox.com - re-imagining digital solutions

Please use plain text.