Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Reply
Developer
peardox
Posts: 1,229
Registered: ‎03-20-2011
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

BBui.js 3.86 second load?

[Tim] Sorry for general population but its important and may provide tips for BBui implements

 

The load times using an action bar can prove unusable on 10.1

 

Addmittedly I have not tried fully optomizing product yet but my dev version does this...

 

Three divs, two of which are just divs with nothing funny

 

1st div - a div holding a table, holding divs with formatting styles and optionally a sidebar on a Z10 in landscape to dill the screen

 

The app takes - forever - to do the paint (the timeline in Web Inspector freaks me)

 

I'm using <div><table><tr><td><div><.....>....</div> for design in Ripple (first time I;ve used it on a production project and it can't do Z30)

 

Ripple - fast

 

Device - disaster

 

Switching from div 1 to 2 or 3 is good but back yo 1 again - tap foot and wait...

 

 




Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
matizeitune
Posts: 366
Registered: ‎07-15-2013
My Device: blackberry Z10

Re: BBui.js 3.86 second load?

very good your information , sincerely i never tested an app webworks in the device , but in the ripple its works very good for me , bbui is very friendly for the developers that works in the ecosystem of the web

If you find this information useful please click like --->
@mezeitune on twitter
Developer
peardox
Posts: 1,229
Registered: ‎03-20-2011
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C

Re: BBui.js 3.86 second load?

Simulator gives a better approximation

 

I've switch my styling to complete div-space to test (bad practice - it's a table so let it be one)

 

Equally slow loads

 

If you try out Tim's BBui sample this suffers from the same issue

 

I'm trying to get the app I'm developing into the current B4BB compo

 

I've tried timelining it (not helpful) network (ditto) all the time is spent in paint

 

This is my first BBui so I presumed I was doing summat stupid - it now seems unlikely

 

I've moved most of the render into the screenready and a few things for optimization are left in domready

 

The spinner don't appear - this is my best clue as to what's going wrong as I have a set 2 second pause while I do uPnP discovery

 

The upsetting thing is that I may have to delay launch and move away from BBui if I can't get the performance up

 




Click the like button if you find my posts useful!