Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
mobdevs
My Device: 8900
Accepted Solution

BES 4.1.7 OTA WebWorks Application - Camera Problem

We're building a webworks application, using the webworks sdk 2.3.1 for smartphone OS devices.

If we push the application manually from a dev machine to a phone using a usb cable we are able to take photos and stream the photo back to the app.  Our problem is that if we deploy the application from a bes server to a phone OTA we are unable to use the camera (Nothing happens - the camera app is not opened) 

Usually when we manually push it to a phone we are presented with an advanced permissions dialog to allow the camera to be used by the app, this doesn't happen when deployed using bes.  This suggests that it could be a problem with the IT Policy, has anybody had a similar problem and found a solution?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Re: BES 4.1.7 OTA WebWorks Application - Camera Problem

Since you're dealing with a BES I was also going to mention that it may be an IT Policy getting in the way.  

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobdevs

Thanks for your reply.

I've done a bit more searching and it appears to be Input Simulation which is causing our problem.  When loaded on to the phone manually I can look at the app permissions and change Input Simulation to Allowed.  If I do the same but deploy the application using BES I am unable to change the Input Simulation permission on the phone.

Does anyone know where this can be set in the IT policy?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobdevs

Problem Solved.

In order to allow the camera to work from within our app we needed to set Event Injection to Allowed in Default Application Control Policies.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Cool.  Thanks for the update!

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.