Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
gshergill
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

BackBerry 10 Signing Keys not being used? Using PhoneGap

Hi BlackBerry support and community,

I received the following when asking regarding testing a release before it is made public on the app store:

"Correct. You can upload the file to the vendor portal and keep in in draft mode and then add peoples BBID to the sandbox and then they can download it via BB World."

So I tried this, and when uploading the .bar to the store it sas the following:

"Bar is not RDK signed Bar is not AUTHOR signed This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked."

I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is - I haven't a clue where to define (when building with PhoneGap desktop) which keys to sign with... 

So for example, this is the command I am using to build the release;

./cordova/build qnx release -k <storepass>

So, to give some more info, I followed the BlackBerry guide and produced three files: author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db.

This were set up in: "~/Library/Research\ In\ Motion/" on my Mac.

I've asked on PhoneGap but no response, but do you know where I define which keys PhoneGap should be using? I'm 100% sure I'm using the right password and everything.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BackBerry 10 Signing Keys not being used? Using PhoneGap

Hello,

It's been a while since I've used that version of PhoneGap, but if I remember correctly you specify all of that info in the project.properties file.

Here's some info from their docs (this is for pre PhoneGap 3.0) available here: http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.3.0/guide_getting-started_blackberry_index.md.html

To deploy your app to a device you must have registered for, and setup BlackBerry Code Signing Keys. See section 3 for details. Also, to deploy apps on BlackBerry 10 or PlayBook, the device must be set to Development Mode which can be enabled from the Settings > Security menu.

Open the project.properties file with your favorite editor and customize the following properties:
BlackBerry 10 (QNX) - qnx.sigtool.password - qnx.device.ip - qnx.device.password

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gshergill

Hi chadtatro,

Thank you for the response.

I've defined the properties in that file, but that only signs the app when deploying to a device. I wish to sign the app when it is being built.

It may be that it is actually being signed, and PhoneGap searches the default location, but removing them from there shows no errors on rebuilding.

The error I see on BlackBerry world when trying to upload the app is:

Bar is not RDK signed Bar is not AUTHOR signed This bar contains unsigned entries which have not been integrity-checked.

May I ask, have you got BlackBerry 10 apps building on a later version of PhoneGap? If so, which version please? I can always upgrade (I just installed 2.6.0 because it's documentation worked...).

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill

Please use plain text.
chadtatro

I thought when you build/deploy to a device the .bar file is stored in your project. Have you tried a search for .bar?

We're building out the next version now, you can check it out on GitHub. There is a whole guide on how to get started as well.

Depending on which plugins (apis) you need available to your app, you may be able to start testing with it now. But note that it's still under development so you'll want to keep an eye on that GitHub repo for updates.

https://github.com/apache/cordova-blackberry/tree/master/blackberry10

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gshergill

Hi chadtatro,

That's correct, when you deploy the app it builds a new .bar. However, that isn't working either.

The link you posted is very similar to the one below:

http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.9.0/guide_getting-started_blackberry10_index.md.html

I've tried following it already but ran into a number of issues, hence my returning to 2.6.0.

With both links, I am still confused as to how Cordova knows to look in ~/Library/.../ for my signing keys... or should I be moving them to /Developer/SDKs/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerry\ 10\ WebWorks\ SDK\ 1.0.4.11/?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill

Please use plain text.
chadtatro

I beleive it knows where your keys are because you're telling the project where the SDK is located, and the SDK looks to the defuault path (~/Library/Research In Motion/...).

You should have 3 files there related to code signing:

author.p12

barsigner.csk

barsigner.db

Please use plain text.
bryanhiggins
My Device: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3

Hi,

I'm curious what issues you ran into using 2.9? Cordova is planning a 2.9.1 release very soon, so it would be great if you could report them here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB

The latest version is 3.1. If you do no wish to use the cordova CLI, the blackberry 10 platform is available in this ZIP file:

https://www.apache.org/dist/cordova/cordova-3.1.0-src.zip

The link that Chad posted is a mirror of Apache's Git, with the latest bleeding edge changes. I'd recommend sticking to the released versions.

As for signing keys, they should be automatically installed to the correct location on your system when running blackberry-signer -register command. There are compelte instructions for that here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup.html

If memory serves me correctly, you had to use an ant script in 2.6 to build in release mode. 'ant qnx build'

Bryan Higgins
BlackBerry WebWorks
@bryanhiggins
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gshergill

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thank you for the responses.

chadtatro - That's correct, I have those three files.

bryanhiggins - As per http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.9.0/guide_getting-started_blackberry10_index.md.html

-> I downloaded 2.9.0 from the PhoneGap website

-> Entered the directory, there was no bin folder initially

-> ./2.9.0/lib/blackberry

-> Two folders, "blackberry10" and "bbos"

-> ./bin/create from "blackberry10" folder: "node cannot be found on the path. Aborting."

-> ./bin/create from "bbos" folder: works, however contains nothing regarding qnx.

This is the issue I am having, I'm unable to create the blackberry 10 project from Cordova 2.9.0.

Regarding the keys, that's correct, I used blackberry-signer and it stored them in the default location.

Regarding 2.6.0, that's correct, I use "ant" to build the releases.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill

EDIT: I see the same issue using the 3.1.0 build you sent over... same error as 2.9.0 (node cannot be found on the path. Aborting.)

Please use plain text.
bryanhiggins
My Device: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3

On 2.9+, node js and the blackberry tools must be installed on your system.

You can find node js here:

http://nodejs.org/

The blackberry tools can come from the native SDK or WebWorks. Since you already have WebWorks installed, just make sure that BlackBerry\ 10\ WebWorks\ SDK\ 1.0.4.11/dependencies/tools/bin/ is on your path.

There are instructions here:

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.1.0/guide_platforms_blackberry10_index.md.html#BlackBerry%2010%2...

It doesn't specifically call out the node dependency because it is already a prerequisite to CLI. The community is currently looking at how to improve the docs for CLI vs "legacy" based development.

Bryan Higgins
BlackBerry WebWorks
@bryanhiggins
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gshergill

Hi bryanhiggins,

I have the following in my path:

echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11/dependencies/tools/bin/: <the rest>

If I'm not mistaken, this is correct? Note that nodejs is already installed.

Still seeing the same error though... "node cannot be found on the path. Aborting.". I've restarted Terminal a couple times already, will try restarting my Mac tomorrow morning (but should work without to be honest).

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill

Please use plain text.