Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Bad Gateway on non-WiFi connections

[ Edited ]

I have the following directive in my config.xml:

<rim:connection>
		<id>TCP_WIFI</id>
		<id>BIS-B</id>
		<id>MDS</id>
		<id>WAP2</id>
		<id>TCP_CELLULAR</id>
		<id>WAP</id>
	</rim:connection>  

I'm making several XHR calls via $.ajax(). These calls work as expected when I'm connected through WiFi, but when I connect using just BIS, I get 502 BAD GATEWAY errors returned from the XHR call.

I have a valid data plan and the same code works in the BlackBerry browser.

Am I missing anything here? How can I further diagnose the issue?

Edit: Just tried with pure XMLHttpRequest - same outcome.

Edit: More info, the reponse is (xxxx is my server, accessible to the Internet):

<TITLE>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</TITLE>

While trying to retrieve http://xx-xxx.xxxxxx.net:2000/login.php

The following error was encountered: Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for the request. Generated by Blackberry.Internet.Browsing.Service (squid/2.7.STABLE7)

Edit 3: I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that I'm calling on port 2000 and the BlackBerry proxy isn't liking that. Any thoughts on that? What if I use the window.name workaround (http://friedcellcollective.net/outbreak/jsjquerywindownameplugin/)? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bad Gateway on non-WiFi connections

for now , you can just try to use another server that using default port 80, and the let see if the AJAX call will work or not..
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Bad Gateway on non-WiFi connections

I had our backend designer create some wrapper functions on port 80, and (very) preliminary testing seemed to show that it worked. 

With that said, does anybody from RIM know what port restrictions (firewall or otherwise) exist on BIS connections through the BlackBerry proxy?