Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bad image quality with webworks (smartphone)

ok.. I'll keep digging

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

ctetreault wrote:
Don't think that'll work in this scenario. The images are dynamic, the user takes a pic and its loaded in to the app.

Regarding image size I have the same 'down smapling' happening on small icons that are about 10kb in size I believe, and about 60x60px.

Are these images loaded locally from the file system or remotely?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ctetreault
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile (Canada)

Some are local (within my app) and others (the photo the user takes, or opens) are stored right on the sdcard.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stefanburghelea
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Tim,

Any update on this one? I have the same issue with JPEGs which are 480x800 pixels and 46KB in size

The same image is used for the loading screen and it displays fine. But in the app it gets scalled down.

Thanks,

Stefan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dbotelho
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Hi,

Any updates on this issue? I believe I'm experiencing this issue too...

Regards,

Daniel Botelho

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kamil_Micazook
My Device: BlackBerry 9360, Blackberry 9810, Blackberry 9100
My Carrier: Play

Hello all,

I had similar problem in my project. I wanted to display two splash screens, one after another, so I couldn't use standard loading screen.

I have noticed that this problem occur only on the devices with big screen resolution (for example 480x640, 480x800 etc), so I divided the graphic into two parts and I am displaying them one after another.

Maybe my workaround will solve your problem.

Best Regards
Kamil

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
antonpunith
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Hi all,
I'm having a similar issue with images. We're building an app that has been deployed using phonegap in andoid and iPhone but when we ported it into BlackBerry, we noticed that a few images looked very choppy.

We have an image for splash screen which renders wonderfully. But once the index.html is loaded (using Webworks), the images used inside the app don't render well. I've tried the meta name="viewport", rendered as image and background. Still there is no improvement.

Is there a setting in webworks that could fix it, or is there any other setting that can be altered anywhere to fix it? Is there anytihng that can be changed in the images to fix it? The main issue I have now is that the're trouble rendering a few gradients or anti-aliased images.

I'll be greateful for any help that is provided.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
antonpunith
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Airtel

I was unable to drilldown and find the best fix, however I was able to get a workaround. I was having an issue mainly with an image which had a lot of color variation. I was reading through articles about Blackberry not supporting all the colors, so I tried splitting the image in three images, two of them transparent and placed one over the other. this way each image could be shown with enough colors. And so this worked for this image.

But there are a few images that still look blurred and choppy (in a few instances). I'm unsure of how to fix these

Please use plain text.