Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

BlackBerry 10 - BB10 - Ripple Emulator - EM sizing not correct

Dear BlackBerry support members,

After a few curses and general frustration. I got the Ripple emulator properly setup to work on my MacOS 1.7.4 (documentation needs some work and the overal process can be a tad user friendly, yes we developers are also USERS, not always in hacking mode. I'll save that for another post).

When running my application in the emulator I noticed the sizing of my elements was not on par with what I see on the device.

I try rto build responisve designs that use 1em size as the standard to layout my screens, but the size of 1em in the Ripple emulator for the BB10 Dev Alpha is no where near that on the device. 

Is this something I can change somewhere in Riplle ? 

There are not many settings in Ripple in respect to this (e.g. also zoom level).

Any help is appreciated. 

If this needs to be reported as an issue in the issue trakcer, please let me know.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry 10 - BB10 - Ripple Emulator - EM sizing not correct

Hi Dennis,

Would love to hear your feedback about how the documentation & process can be improved.

I'm not aware of how to configure Ripple to change how it defines 1em. Since Ripple-UI is open source, I imagine you may be able to change this at the code level (however there is no user setting that I'm aware of).

If you feel this is a rendering bug, please file an issue here: https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.