Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
benitaclarissa
My Device: -

BlackBerry 10 Error after update to OS Version 10.0.9.1103

Hi,

I have updated the BB10 device to OS Version 10.0.9.1103.

When I tried to deploy the application that running well on previous version, it cannot connect to BBM and cannot create push service (status code 500) on current OS version. I have tried to deploy and sign the application, but there was an error because of the _sys_use_consumer_push permission. How to request this permission be added to existing code signing keys? I didn't receive any email about this issue.

When I open the BBM, it shows a message: "BBM has lost its connection. Please wait while server attempts to reconnect" then shows a message to restart the device. I have restarted it for many times. But, the connection to BBM always failed.

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
cdelcol
My Device: Various

Re: BlackBerry 10 Error after update to OS Version 10.0.9.1103

Did you re-package with the latest SDK? Push permissions went through some changes so you may want to revisit the latest push sample app and documentation.

Please use plain text.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

which can be found here : https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Samples/tree/master/pushCapture

For your question about the permissions, make sure you set system="true" correctly in your config.xml file for the _sys_use_consumer_push permission element. More here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/rim_permit_element.html 

<rim:permissions>
    <rim:permit system="true">_sys_use_consumer_push</rim:permit>
</rim:permissions>

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Developer
benitaclarissa
My Device: -

Thanks for your replies.

I have install again the latest OS Version and the BBM works now.

Regarding the push permission, I have sent an email to BlackBerryPushServices@rim.com last Wednesday but I have not received any response. Could  you help me to get push permission to existing signing key?

Please use plain text.